March 17, 2020
Dear Spirit Farmer Patients, Friends and Family,
We pray you are well, and have what you need to get through this time.
Last week I treated a patient, who several days later came down with a fever.
She was tested yesterday for Covid 19 in Auburn and is awaiting results which are due in 4-5 days.
I am monitoring her symptoms daily via phone and giving her herbs for her changing symptoms.
To protect us all, we have made the decision to close the office for in-clinic treatments until March 31st.
I am going to the office and offering discounted follow up phone consultations at $40. We will be making herbal formulas, for those of you that want to maintain treatment. We will prepare herbs while wearing masks and gloves, and will maintain sanitization of the office.
Do not hesitate to call me for herbs if you feel a fever or cold/flu symptoms come on, this will expedite your healing and prevent the severity of symptoms.
We can arrange pick up or possibly delivery.
It has just been announced that Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital will be starting drive through testing 3/17/20 and 3/18/20 from 3-6pm should you feel you have symptoms of cold/flu.
Please call your Primary Care Physician for further details.
Please note, the herbs that I have prepared for you are immuno-supportive to your unique system and are treating your symptom profile.
I have had several on-line meetings with my teacher who is in Nanjing, China since early February about the viral outbreak. She has shared updates with me regularly.
In China they have been combining the use of antivirals and IV administration of Chinese herbal formulas for treatment. These formulas are being regularly modified as symptoms change. There is no one size fits all treatment, or preventative formula.
Here are some suggestions for staying healthy:
- Do your best not to live in fear or anxiety about the situation. Yes, it is a serious matter that requires our attention. However, it is important to note that when we get trapped in a fear response our immune systems weaken. We use up our vital body fluids and deplete our digestive/processing/transformation function by feeding and staying in fear.
- Be wise and discerning about your lifestyle practices and choices, and trust you are doing what you can to keep yourself and your friends and family safe.
- Fresh air is vital to healthy immunity – make a point of getting outside, daily. Even as little as 10 to 15 minutes three times throughout the day will benefit you.
- Rest! Get plenty of sleep and rest.
- Take some time off, perhaps use this time for a personal at-home retreat where you just enjoy some time spent away from work, extra-curricular activities and the hustle and bustle of life. Walks in nature, healthy dinners together with your family, board games, curling up with a good book and limiting your social contact are all enriching ways to protect yourself from community transmission.
- Increase your consumption of anti-oxidant and nutrient-dense infection-fighting foods like: organic blueberries, raspberries, rose hips, spinach, sprouts, lots of ginger, garlic, onions, ginger, parsley, cilantro, celery juice, bone broth and fermented foods and beverages.
- Drink lots of water. Drinking good quality water and herbal teas, staying hydrated, is one of the best things you can do to flush out toxins from your body and help support the immune system.
- Keep your immune system strong by eating a balanced diet and reducing your sugar, alcohol, processed foods and dairy intake. These substances are inflammatory and weaken the immune system, making it less able to deal with viruses and bacteria.
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have further questions or concerns.
We are grateful to all of you for your trust to support you in your good health!!
Anna and Kristen